This building is one of the earliest structure still extant on Main Street. The heavy Italianate architecture has remained unchanged on the upper stories. The hooded windows and bracketed cornice are original. In 1993, Richmond's Main Street Program purchased the building as their offices. In remodeling the building, the street entrance was returned to its original symmetry. The two upper floors held apartments with a skylight providing light to the interior space. In 1905, a steam laundry and public baths occupied the first floor and basement.
|⇐ Back||Next ⇒|
Note: This is the web-based incarnation of a brochure originally published in 2010. While the history is still very valuable, other information may no longer be accurate. Information updated by WayNet will be listed in this orange color.
Original brochure produced by Center City Development Corporation.
This project was made possible by a grant from the Richmond Urban Enterprise Association.
**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** for Walking Tour Information: Published in March 2010 In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this article is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only.
|Location:||East Central Indiana, USA|
Highest Point in Indiana
|Mail:||50 North 5th St.
Richmond, IN 47374
Sign up for WayNet News
- our e-newsletter.
Get listed on this website!
Waynet, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)4 corporation that is fully-funded through memberships. Please support our members and let them know you located them via WayNet.org.
Top 25: popular pages & circulation information.