This structure was built by H.C. Hasemeier Co., a clothing and dry goods manufacturer. From 1888 until 1933, it was The Boston Store, carrying fine goods from the east coast. In 1933, the building was purchased by the Vigran family as Julian's, a women's clothing store. The second floor façade was covered with fiberglass panels during the 1960s in an effort to give a more "modern" appearance. In 1990, Center City Development assisted the owner in removing the fiberglass panels to reveal the historic façade visible today.
|⇐ Back||Next ⇒|
Note: This is the web-based incarnation of a brochure originally published in 2010. While the history is still very valuable, other information may no longer be accurate. Information updated by WayNet will be listed in this orange color.
Original brochure produced by Center City Development Corporation.
This project was made possible by a grant from the Richmond Urban Enterprise Association.
**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** for Walking Tour Information: Published in March 2010 In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this article is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only.
|Location:||East Central Indiana, USA|
Highest Point in Indiana
|Mail:||50 North 5th St.
Richmond, IN 47374
Sign up for WayNet News
- our e-newsletter.
Get listed on this website!
Waynet, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)4 corporation that is fully-funded through memberships. Please support our members and let them know you located them via WayNet.org.
Top 20: popular pages & circulation information.