Local realtor, Omar L. Hittle, commissioned Architect John A. Hasecoster to design the three story Hittle Block. Mr. Hittle and his wife lived in an apartment on the second floor for several years, and old newspapers report lavish Christmas par-ties held there. The original use of the building was three stores on the first floor, fifteen offices on the second, and rooms for the Masonic Lodge on the third. The smaller two-story storefronts facing N. 9th St. were constructed on the north side in 1884.
|⇐ Back||Next ⇒|
Note: This is the web-based incarnation of a brochure originally published in 2010. While the history is still very valuable, other information may no longer be accurate. Information updated by WayNet will be listed in this orange color.
Original brochure produced by Center City Development Corporation.
This project was made possible by a grant from the Richmond Urban Enterprise Association.
**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** for Walking Tour Information: Published in March 2010 In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this article is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only.
|Location:||East Central Indiana, USA|
Highest Point in Indiana
|Mail:||50 North 5th St.
Richmond, IN 47374
Sign up for WayNet News
- our e-newsletter.
Get listed on this website!
Waynet, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)4 corporation that is fully-funded through memberships. Please support our members and let them know you located them via WayNet.org.
Top 25: popular pages & circulation information.