Richmond Gas Company

Formerly listed on the National Register of Historic Places (#81000023), this building has been demolished and was removed from the register in 2012.

Now that the historic Pennsylvania Depot has been sold, should the community turn it's efforts to preserving the 1855 Richmond Gas Company Building, located just north of 1st Street, the entrance to the Starr-Gennett area of the Whitewater Gorge?

Photo: Former Richmond Gas Company Building, Richmond, Indiana

Photo taken February 28, 2006

Historical photo from the 1896 Dalby Pictorial Book

Historical photo from the 1906 Dalby Pictorial Book

FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

Graphic: Calendar with "Today's Events" on the front page.

WayNet is Sponsored by:
Morrisson-Reeves Library
City of Richmond, Indiana
Belden
Reid Health
We R Richmond - Richmond Community Schools

Featured Member

Wayne County Challenge

Community Photo

More Photos:
Wayne County | WayNet Albums

Did You Know?

Wayne County was formed in 1811. It was named for General "Mad" Anthony Wayne, who was an officer during the Revolutionary War. Wayne is mainly remembered for his service in the 1790's in the Northwest Indian War, which included many actions in Indiana and Ohio.