First Wayne County, Indiana Courthouse

Tours by appointment only, call 765.855.5333.

Original Wayne County, Indiana Log Courthouse - reconstructed in Centerville, IN.

 

Old Salisbury Courthouse

Wayne County's first seat of justice
Built in 1811 in Salisbury
Reconstructed in 1952 on this site.
The only original log courthouse still
standing in the Northwest Territory.
Marker presented by
Weetomp Chapter
Daughters of American Colonists
Richmond, Indiana
1965

Reconstructed on this site - 1998

 

(Photos taken November 2002)

The Salisbury Log Courthouse (1812) is located in Centerville, Indiana on the property of the 1840s Mansion House, 214 E. Main Street. For more information, tours, and rental information, contact 765-855-5333.

Map


View Mansion House and Salisbury Courthouse in a larger map

FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

WayNet is Sponsored by:
City of Richmond, Indiana
Reid Health
We R Richmond - Richmond Community Schools
Morrisson-Reeves Library

Featured Member

Richmond Rose Garden, Inc.

Did You Know?

The Levi Coffin House in Fountain City is recognized as the "Grand Central Station" of the Underground Railroad. Levi and Catharine Coffin were legendary, helping more than 2,000 former slaves escape to freedom in the North.