News | Discover Wayne County |
Find It Fast |
Knowledge Center |
Things To Do |
Find a Member
WayNet Board Meeting
March 13, 2008
- Gary Arndts President (Marketing & Creative Services)
- Jodi Johnson (Western Wayne Schools)
- Jane Holman Executive Director, Ex Officio (WayNet.org)
- Jenie Lahmann (Morrisson Reeves Library)
- Robin Henry (West End Bank)
- Pam Merchanthouse (Friends Fellowship Community)
- Dudley Fetzer (First Bank Richmond)
- Bill Pendley (Potter's Wheel Bed & Breakfast)
- David Burton (Burton & Simkin Attorneys)
- Valerie Biggs (Richmond Community Schools)
Call to Order:
President Gary Arndts called the meeting to order at 12:05 p.m.
in the Richmond Power and Light conference room.
The minutes from the January 10, 2008, meeting were reviewed.
Jenie Lahmann moved to accept the minutes as presented, Dudley
Fetzer seconded, motion passed. Jane Holman reviewed the status of a
fee waiver request before the board. The request has been tabled at
the request of the applicant to allow him time to determine if
Google AdSense will be utilized on the page in question.
Income for this reporting period is currently down due to few
member renewals occurring in the winter quarter. Jenie Lahmann moved
to accept the budget report as presented, Bill Pendly seconded,
It was noted that $48.00 has been generated from the
since we began using Google AdSense. Discussion took place regarding
a proposal to expand the use of AdSense to other highly visited
pictures. Jodi Johnson moved to proceed with a test of AdSense on
additional WayNet pictures, David Burton seconded, motion passed.
Marketing Committee Report:
Discussion took place regarding a marketing plan to increase
membership. Gary Arndts outlined the proposed plan.
- A letter and WayNet postcard will be sent to potential
WayNet members. The letter will include a cover letter outlining
the benefits of WayNet membership. The letter will be followed
by a personal contact from a board member when possible.
- An insert highlighting an article submitted by David Burton
will be included with the letter as an example of how WayNet
membership can drive traffic to a member’s business.
- The Marketing committee will develop a schedule for the
Executive Director's Report:
Jane reviewed the directors report and displayed the current
stats from Google Analytics. The complete
Executive Director’s report
is available on WayNet.
Bill Pendly moved to adjourn, David Burton seconded, motion
passed. The meeting adjourned at 1:03 p.m.