Report for March 22, 1999
New Basic Members:()
Basic Members Invoiced Directly:()
New Expanded Members: (1)
Wayne County Home Builders Association (Commerce
Package) - PAID
New Sponsoring Members - Paid: ()
Existing Sponsoring Members Renewed Their Membership:
Existing Sponsoring Members Invoiced:
SANYO-Verbatim CD Company
Success Thru Learning
Richmond/Wayne County Chamber of Commerce
Wayne Teachers Federal Credit Union - PAID
First Bank Richmond
for fee waiver:
Requested to continue ads on radio Kicks96
- once per week - prior to sports in the morning. Will run through April.
Running 30 second ads, 2 every other day, on
101.3 during morning drive time.
Ran ad in Pal-Item on Sunday and Wednesday Feb.
28 and March 3, March 7 and March 10. Also will run March 21 and March 24 and March
28 and March 31. Cost for those ads is approximately $200/month.
Submitted ad to be placed in Little Sheba's
souvenir menu - business card size, $99. Will be in use for approximately 1 year.
Began process of a direct mail letter.
Letter is written, waiting on a reorder of stationery.
Received an almost full page article in the
Chamber Update newsletter.
I have a meeting with Ruth Mills on Thursday to
discuss options and costs of producing a program about WayNet.
Ran weekly and posted on the Members Only
page. Weekly averages are1844 visitors and 5128 hits. February figures
were up significantly, 28% on user sessions and 35% on page views. The introduction
of a local news section, in cooperation with our
Sponsor, WQLK/WHON, has encouraged return visitors. Fourth quarter figures are quite
impressive with 43% increase in user sessions and 22% increase in hits. I expect
another significant jump in 1st quarter figures.
Achievements for March
Sales calls - by phone or in person - that have not yet signed up
Bob Rosa at Rosa's Office Plus
Roger Hamilton, President of Firstar
Bob Brown, Marketing Manager at Primex
Sent letters to James and Tera Harper, new owners of the Phillip W. Smith Bed and
- Added discussion section, Talk of the Town.
- Set up system for notifying/billing not-for-profit groups. - Sent letters to 8 groups.
- Prepare letter for distribution to Chamber members touting benefits of Waynet
- Created a "Board Only" page to notify the board of potential members.
- Re-ordered stationery.
- Re-organized office filing system.
On-Going Projects for the coming month
- Sales calls
- Continue to look at alternative funding sources.
- Prepare letter for distribution to restaurants and motels touting benefits of our
- prepare page for Wayne County Home Builders Association - we already have their check.
- Look at alternative advertising avenues - outdoor advertising?
- Monitor Talk of the Town, observe how much time is spent on this activity.
- Complete and file Form 990 for the IRS.
- more recreation pages
- work with Jim Waecher at the Museum to create pages on Richmond manufactured automobiles
and local Tiffany Windows.
- Peter Suber-Thorpe requested that I take over & update his Government and Politics
in Indiana site. I will slowly be incorporating this into WayNet.
- Review hyperlinks and make corrections as necessary.