News | Discover Wayne County |
Find It Fast |
Knowledge Center |
Things To Do |
Find a Member
WayNet Board Meeting
May 08, 2008
- Gary Arndts President (Marketing & Creative Services)
- Jane Holman Executive Director, Ex Officio (WayNet.org)
- Jenie Lahmann (Morrison Reeves Library)
- Robin Henry (West End Bank)
- Pam Merchanthouse (Friends Fellowship Community)
- Dudley Fetzer (First Bank Richmond)
- David Burton (Burton & Simkin Attorneys)
- Valerie Biggs (Richmond Community Schools)
Call to Order:
President Gary Arndts called the meeting to order at 12:08 p.m.
in the Richmond Power & Light conference room.
The minutes from the March 13, 2008,
meeting were reviewed. Robin Henry moved to accept the minutes as
presented, David Burton seconded, motion passed.
January and February is currently in the red. There is
approximately $7,000.00 out in accounts receivables. Jane noted that
we may want to consider a marketing campaign to increase members
during this time. Dudley Fetzer noted that income has continued to
drop since 2004. If the trend continues, funds will be exhausted by
2017. New strategies for increasing membership must be explored if
Waynet is to continue to serve in its current role.
It was noted that $80.45 has been generated from the Turtle page
to date since we began using Google AdSense.
Gary Arndt reviewed the marketing committee packet, including a
letter, brochure, and membership application. Board members who
volunteered to contact prospective members should do so soon after
the packets are mailed. Jane will notify the board when the packets
The board brainstormed ideas to increase membership.
- Send personal emails with the Waynet newsletter to potential
- Have the Chamber of Commerce send a newsletter email to
their contact list.
- Put a request for news release links on the newsletter.
- Consider charging a small fee to list news releases in the
- Send newsletter out once a month and request local content.
- Send a news release to the Pal-Item about How to articles.
Discussion of new officers will have to be considered at the July
Executive director’s Report:
Jane reviewed the director’s report. The complete
Executive Director’s report
is available on WayNet.
Pam Merchanthouse moved to adjourn, Dudley Fetzer seconded,
motion passed. The meeting adjourned at 1:04 p.m.