News | Discover Wayne County |
Find It Fast |
Knowledge Center |
Things To Do |
Find a Member
Waynet Board Meeting
July 11, 2000
Misty Dees Hollis, Bill O'Hara Felker, Jane Holman, Rodger Smith, Carol
Smyth, Larry Turner, and John Weber.
Guests Present: Randy
Baker (Richmond Power & Light).
Meeting Called to
Order: John Weber called the meeting to order at 12:05 PM, July 11,
Minutes: Misty Dees Hollis made a motion to approve the minutes of
June 13; Carol Smyth seconded the motion. All were in favor and the
Rodger Smith reminded members of the board of a meeting to be held on
July 19th regard Lilly Grant funding called CAPE which awards up to five
million dollars to institutions to improve education within the
Applied for fee
* First Friends Meeting & First Friends Childcare
Not-for-Profit Members invoiced:
* Indiana Football Hall of Fame
* Main Street Richmond-Wayne County - Overdue
New Basic Members:
* Saver Systems, Inc.
* Heavenly Handicrafts
* Rosa's Office Plus
* Richmond Roosters - Overdue
* Curiosity Shop
* Jillian's Dolls-N-Stuf - Overdue
* Local Musician
* Perfect Circle Credit Union
* Pro Body & Paint
* Emmons Real Estate Appraisals
* Law Offices of E. Thomas Kemp - upgraded from Basic Member
* Fairway Mortgage - Commerce Pkg. - DID NOT RENEW
* Wayne County Home Builders Assoc. - Commerce Pkg. - STILL WAITING
* Programming and Micros
Sponsoring Members Invoiced:
* Richmond-Wayne County Economic Development Corporation
* Centerville-Abington Community Schools
* Indiana University East
* Eastgate Electric Supply & Lighting Center
* Wayne County Foundation
* Richmond Community Schools - upgraded from Sponsoring Member
* Morrisson-Reeves Library - upgraded from Sponsoring Member
* 1/8 page advertisement ran in all four issues of the Palladium-Item's
Progress issues during in June. Jane may go with a smaller and more
continual ad in the future.
* Took out ad in new Chamber 4-color map that will be published in the
fall. - 1/4 page, good placement.
* Agreed to again run ad in Hampton Map (like last year) as it b & w
& less expensive - with an established distribution base.
* Currently running a 30 second ad on 101.3, every other weekday,
between 11 am and 1 pm. A bit goofy, with a Wizard of Oz (Wizard of
WayNet) theme, but it catches your ear.
* Attended ICNA Meeting - elected to Board of Directors. Congratulations
* Tweaked meta tags to increase accuracy of Atomz.com searches. It is
working much better now.
* Added a page for Rose View Transit.
* Added a page for Abington, took photos for Abington & Greens Fork
pages. Jane will continue to add the smaller towns.
* Added new Cemetery pages for Fairfield, Mt. Pleasant, & Cook
Cemeteries in Genealogy section. Info donated by member,
* Jayne Beers of the Greens Fork Preservation and Historical Society.
* Fielded questions regarding copyright on Levi Coffin photos - this is
a fairly common occurrence.
* Took photos of new bridge opening & posted - received several
"thank you's" for the effort.
* Posted & reconciled budget reports for April & May.
* Did mock interview as a favor for Carolyn Bunzendal at the Richmond
Workforce Development Center.
* Ran invoices & cover letters for 3rd Quarter & July. ($5,750)
* 1 seminar - attendance is 4-5 per seminar.
* Added many calendar items - (a time-consuming venture due to the
slowness of the program).
* Website Maintenance: Toyed with various new ideas for home page to
replace the "Welcome" program. Jane is looking for something
new. Suggestions given were historical pictures of Richmond, "where
is it" pictures, alumni sports teams from different graduating
classes, highlighting different businesses. Another suggestion given was
including what is going on with WayneBrain or the Technology Zone in the
Richmond area. Let Jane know if you have further suggestions.
for the coming month:
* Prepare for WayNet's "Best Web Site Award" contest.
* Create policy for Employment Ads (high on priority list).
* Terms of Service Policy- still trying to set up meeting with Steve
* Continue to look at alternative funding sources.
* Prepare letter for distribution to restaurants and motels touting
benefits of our Commerce package.
* Finish new brochure and get printed.
Log Analysis for
* Ran weekly and posted on the Members Only page. Monthly user sessions
decreased 10% in June 2000, making it similar to the April
figures. Page views in June '00 decreased 23% from May but are still up
from February figures. This decrease can mostly be attributed to school
being out for the summer & the decrease in usage of our Levi Coffin
page. As our users become "return users", they will refer to
WayNet for specific items, with less general surfing. The
"user" is our more important number. The user sessions
increased by 97% and the page views by 67% over June of 1999.
2nd Quarter 2000 -
showed a reasonable 10% increase in user sessions and a 11% increase in
page views over 1st quarter 2000. There was a 93% increase in users over
the same time period last year and a 104% increase in page views.
1999 Yearly Figures
show an outstanding 100,426 users requesting 310,586 pages. It's
difficult to do a true comparison as we did not purchase the logging
software until mid-February '99, but a rough estimate is that we nearly
tripled our visitors/hits from the previous year.
The current practice is to give passwords to sponsoring members. Jane
suggested giving the passwords to not-for-profit agencies. Everyone on
the board was in agreement with this decision.
Misty Dees Hollis made a motion to accept Version 2 of the
Mission/Vision Statement. Carol Smyth seconded the motion and the motion
passed unanimously. John Weber reminded the board that the
Mission/Vision could be revisited next year if anyone felt there was a
need to do so.
Web Awards '00:
It was decided that the dates on the nomination form from 1999 could be
changed and the same format could be used again this year. The deadline
date will be Tuesday, September 26, 2000. Jane will form the committee
to make selections.
Board Member News:
Notices will be sent to current board members to see if they wish to
continue to set on the WayNet Board. Randy Baker has indicated interest
to fulfill the remaining year for Ron Lind. Rodger Smith moved to accept
Randy as a board member and Larry Turner seconded the motion. All were
in favor and the motion passed. Larry Turner and Misty Dee Hollis are
nearing the end of their term. Jane asked them to let her know if they
wish to continue on the board.
The meeting was
adjourned at 12:45 PM.
Tricia Shrider for
Steve Reynolds, Secretary