Home | Directory | News | Discover Wayne County | Find It Fast | Knowledge Center | Things To Do | Find a Member
Waynet Board Meeting
Members Present: Tom Kirk, Jane Holman, John Weber, Ross Josephson, Rodger Smith, Bill O'Hara, Pam Frantz, Ron Lind, Misty Hollis, and Steve Reynolds.
Meeting Called to Order:
John called the meeting to order at 12:00 PM, November 15, 1999.
Misty moved to approve last month’s minutes, Ross seconded; last month’s minutes were approved by the board.
Jane presented the current budget report. TOTAL INCOME was reported as $2,885.00; TOTAL EXPENSES were reported as $2,065.23. INCOME LESS EXPENSES for October, 1999, was reported as $819.77. It was noted that next year’s budget will be presented at the next meeting.
Tom moved to approve the budget as reported, Rodger seconded, the budget was approved by the board
Jane presented the Executive Director’s Report, will the following major items reported:
· Applied for fee waiver: Beth Boruk Temple
· New Basic Members: Debra Cordine, Real Estate Agent, and Steve Briar
· Existing Basic Members Invoiced: David Fulton
· Existing Sponsoring Members Renewed Their Membership:
Wayne County Government
· Existing Sponsoring Members Invoiced: Tom Raper, Inc.
· Advertising/Marketing: We are sponsoring the sports once a week in the mornings on KICKS96. We have this scheduled thru November. We will take a month off and then run these ads again in January, February, and October. We have placed order for 500 Bic Roller-ball pens with WayNet, our phone number and our URL unscripted on them. These should arrive in about 3 weeks.
· Log Analysis for October and 3rd Quarter: Ran weekly and posted on the Members Only page. Weekly averages are 2,410 visitors and 7,899 hits, a fairly steady usage. Third quarter figures remained steady with the 2nd Quarter '99 figures We should expect an increase in the user statistics next month, a flattening in December, and then another jump as the cold, dark evenings of January descend upon us. October figures reflect a 212% increase over the same time last year.
· Achievements for September/October: Continued work on re-design of 2nd and 3rd tier pages for WayNet. Spoke to the Richmond Association of Realtors. Gathered information and took it to E. Thomas Kemp to begin process of filing for new IRS status. Ordered sign for placement on N/S A Street, per Renee Oldham's offer last meeting. Changed the "featured link" regularly. Spent a great deal of time recruiting community leaders for our "Welcome" feature.
· On-Going Projects for the coming month: Sales calls; continue to look at alternative funding sources. Prepare letter for distribution to restaurants and motels touting benefits of our Commerce package.
Further investigate streaming video needs and partnership possibilities. Meet with Executive Officer Committee. Continue to update older pages to reflect the newer design/font/sidebars of updated design.
· Web Page Ideas: Create more recreation pages; work with Jim Waecher at the Museum to create pages on Richmond manufactured automobiles and local Tiffany Windows. Review hyperlinks and make corrections as necessary. Continue to promote participation in our "Welcome" feature. Keep the "featured link" fresh, aiming for a change every two days, minimum.
Tom moved to approve, Rodger seconded, the Executive Director’s Report was approved by the board
A committee consisting of Jane Holman, Rodger Smith, Ron Lind, and Steve Reynolds is scheduled to meet on December 9, 1999, to discuss the merits and requirements of adding streaming video (both live and archived) to the WayNet website.
Next Board meeting time scheduled on December 14, 1999, at 11:30 AM (lunch); 12:00 - 1:00 PM (meeting) at RP&L.
Meeting adjourned at 1:10 PM.
Steve Reynolds, Secretary