Executive Directors Report for November 23, 1998
New Basic Members:
Fulton, David - invoiced/awaiting payment
New Expanded Members:
New Sponsoring Members:
New Sponsoring Members Invoiced:
Existing Sponsoring Members Renewed Their
Tom Raper, Inc.
Existing Sponsoring Members Invoiced:
Wayne County Government
Applied for fee waiver:
Golay Community Center; Girl Scouts, Treaty Line Council; Western
Wayne Heritage; Living Word Christian Fellowship, Hagerstown FFA, Friends United Meeting
Begin ads on radio Kicks96 - once per week
- prior to sports in the morning. Will run through January. Continued to distributed
flyers. Bill O'Hara ran our Annual Meeting on WQLK at 5:00 a.m. on Nov. 8 - hit new
market of deer hunters!
Ran weekly and posted on the Members Only
page. Currently we are running over 4,469 users per month and 11,599 hits to
the entire site. Weekly averages are 1300 visitors and 3300 hits.
November figures will show a healthy increase over October's. Third quarter
figures are quite impressive with an almost 40% increase in user sessions and 29% increase
Updated calendar as required. This sometimes involves tracking down an
organization to ask them to give me the information.
- Send letter to non-profits notifying them of our services. (sent approximatly 90
- Nominated WayNet for Chamber's Annual "Achievment of Excellence" Award.
- Gave speech on WayNet to the Independent Insurance Agents meeting on Monday, November 16
- Update web site as required.
- Entered info for Greens Fork page.
- Added Micajah C. Henley page.
- Added links to Sponsoring Members Employment pages.
- Added a Skating page to Recreation.
- Add Weeb Ewbank articles.
- Update Restuarant pages (Add Texas Roadhouse - Delete Millers.)
- Did some site "housekeeping" - cleaned up old files on former server, placed
re-direct files to send to current site.
- Checked status on several search engines. - Much depends on how you search! I get
different results depending upon if I search for Richmond, Indiana or richmond, indiana or
Richmond Indiana or Richmond +Indiana. In general - it has improved since I made
some site changes 2 months ago.
- Sales calls: Hastings, Christian Book Store, Allain Gallery, Target, Transilwrap, Ahaus
- Drop off flyers at above if approved and: Lingles, First Richmond Realtors, ASC office,
On-Going Projects for November
- Sales calls
- Create ad for Gymnastics Meets (3- 1/4 page ad's for $50 - will reach both in town and
out of town families.)
- Continue to distribute flyers.
- Begin work on a "treasure hunt" for teachers to use.
- Work with schools to create a student-run "community seminar" to teach adults
to use the Internet/WayNet specifically.
- Continue to look at alternative funding sources.
- Tie up Not-for-Profit status!
- more recreation pages
- HEALTH section - more links!
- work with Jim Waecher at the Museum to create pages on Richmond manufactured automobiles
and local Tiffany Windows.
- add a
- Review hyperlinks and make corrections as necessary.