News | Discover Wayne County |
Find It Fast |
Knowledge Center |
Things To Do |
Find a Member
WayNet Annual Meeting
- Gary Arndts President (Marketing & Creative Services)
- Jane Holman Executive Director, Ex Officio (WayNet.org)
- Jenie Lahmann (Morrison Reeves Library)
- Jodi Johnson (Western Wayne Schools)
- Pam Merchanthouse (Friends Fellowship Community)
- Dudley Fetzer (First Bank Richmond)
- Tim Love (Reid Hospital)
- Randy Baker (Richmond Power & Light)
- Bill Pendley (Potter's Wheel Bed & Breakfast)
- David Burton (Burton & Simkin Attorneys)
- Beth Fields (Wayne County Government)
Call to Order:
President Gary Arndts called the meeting to order at 12:02 p.m.
in the Richmond Power & Light conference room.
President Gary Arndts provided an overview of how WayNet is
coming up on Google searches for local searches for banks, schools,
businesses and other services. He typed in local phone numbers to
find businesses and then see how close Waynet ranked in those local
searches. The presentation illustrated the following:
- Statistics show that most people turn to the Internet when
seeking out information, goods, and services.
- Google often returns WayNet links in the first page of
results for searches about banks, doctors, local services and
- Waynet’s “How To” articles written by WayNet members appear
prominently in Google searches.
- “How to” articles can help member’s websites come up on
search engines and they provide a link to the member’s website
to bolster search engine ranking.
Gary Arndts commended Jane Holman on an outstanding job and
thanked her for her time and dedication. Jodi commented that it took
3 board members to help fill-in when Jane Holman was on vacation in
Gary also appreciates the space at RP&L provided for the Waynet
The balance through the end of August 2008 is $13,384.27. Jodi
commented that August was running in a deficit but it would mend
itself when more memberships came due later in the year. We had one
unexpected expense, which was replacement of the office computer for
Acceptance of New Board Members:
The president asked the following nominee be accepted as a new
board member; Beth Fields.
Bill Pendley so moved; Jodi Johnson seconded the motion. The motion
was unanimously passed.
Election of Officers:
Proposed slate of officers for 2008-2009 includes:
- President – Dudley Fetzer
- Vice President/Treasurer – Gary Arndts
- Secretary – Jenie Lahmann
Gary Arndts asked for a motion to accept the proposed slate of
officers. Tim Love so moved. Randy Baker seconded. The motion was
Executive director’s Report:
Jane Holman introduced new
board member Beth Fields and thanked outgoing members, Jim Dinkle,
Valerie Briggs and Robin Henry for their service to the board. She
- Reviewed WayNet’s accomplishments over the past year.
- The database of members and potential members is up to date
- Noted that WayNet has been active for 11 years and that many
changes have occurred during those 11 years.
The challenges for the coming year:
- Make sure WayNet remains relevant.
- Investigate new technologies
- Possibly redesign the entire site
- Provide easy path for members to find things
- Refresh social networking on the site
- Partner with local agencies
- Drum up new members
- Suggest making Waynet user’s homepage
The complete Executive
Director’s Report is available on WayNet.
Dudley Fetzer asked for a motion to adjourn. Gary Arndts so
moved. Jodi Johnson seconded the motion. The meeting adjourned at