News | Discover Wayne County |
Find It Fast |
Knowledge Center |
Things To Do |
Find a Member
WayNet Annual Meeting
• Gary Arndts President (Marketing & Creative Services)
• Jane Holman Executive Director, Ex Officio (WayNet.org)
• Jim Buckler (Richmond Work One)
• Valerie Biggs (Richmond Community Schools)
• Randy Baker (Richmond Power & Light)
• Jim Dinkle (Economic Development Corporation)
• Tom Kirk (Earlham College)
• Jenie Lahmann (Morrisson Reeves Library)
• David Burton (Burton & Simkin)
Call to Order:
President Gary Arndts called the meeting to order at 12:00 p.m.
in the Richmond Power and Light Auditorium.
President Gary Arndts provided an overview of the past year’s
activities and presented a PowerPoint slideshow, “WayNet: It’s
Everywhere You Want to Be”, that has been developed as a marketing tool
for WayNet. The presentation illustrated the following:
- Statistics show that most people turn to the Internet when
seeking out information, goods, and services.
- Google often returns WayNet links in the first page of
results for searches about banks, doctors, jazz history,
fundraising, and museums.
- How to articles written by WayNet members will appear
prominently in Google searches.
- How to articles can help people in two ways:
- provides a link to the member’s website to bolster
search engine ranking
- articles may appear in search results leading visitors
to member sites
The September 13, 2007, balance is $15,626.19. Treasurer Jim
Buckler shared a 3 year financial balance comparison from August
2005, 2006, and 2007. The August, 2006 balance was down compared to
the previous two years due to equipment expenses and legal fees.
Acceptance of New Board Members:
Gary Arndts asked the following nominees be accepted as new
board members; David Burton, Jenie Lahmann, and Pam Merchanthouse.
Tom Kirk so moved; Jim Buckler seconded the motion. The motion was
Election of Officers:
Proposed slate of officers for 2007-2008 includes:
- President - Gary Arndts
- Vice President/Treasurer - Jodi Johnson
- Secretary – Valerie Biggs
Gary Arndts asked for a motion to accept the proposed slate of
officers. Jim Buckler so moved. Jim Dinkle seconded. The motion was
Gary Arndts reviewed the standing committees and suggested that each
committee identify 1-2 goals to try to accomplish this year. Jane
suggested the mission/vision committee be changed to a program
committee that would examine WayNet programs and evaluate their
relevance. The following committee assignments were made.
- Jenie Lahmann – Program Committee
- David Burton – Marketing
- Jim Dinkle – Marketing
Executive Director’s Report:
Jane Holman introduced new board members David Burton, and Jenie
Lahmann and thanked outgoing members, Tom Kirk and Jim Buckler for
their service to the board. She also:
- Reviewed WayNet’s accomplishments over the past year.
- Noted that WayNet has been active for 10 years and that many
changes have occurred during those 10 years.
- The challenge for the coming year is to make sure WayNet
- Challenged the board to:
- Encourage friends and neighbors to join WayNet.
- Add current events to the WayNet calendar.
- Add volunteers to the WayNet page.
- Visit WayNet at least once per week to learn something
new about the community.
The complete Executive Director’s report
is available on WayNet.
Gary Arndt asked for a motion to adjourn. Tom Kirk so moved. Jim
Buckler seconded the motion. The meeting adjourned at 12:46 p.m.