Mayor's Resignation

Talk of the Town: Just Talk: Government & Politics: Mayor's Resignation
By Jane Holman (Admin) on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 10:14 am: Edit Post

Richmond Mayor Dennis Andrews announced his resignation, effective September 30, 2000. What do you think are positive changes he has made for the city? What do you think is still to be done?

Read the full text of his announcement on WayNet.

By unknown on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 02:45 pm: Edit Post

Mayor Andrew's beautification efforts have made the city very pleasing to the eye. He has also pioneered a good relationship with the business community. I believe both of these things need to be continued in the next administration. One thing that would benefit the next adminstration, however, is to create a stronger, more trusting relationship with the employees of the City. The next Mayor should also try not to rock the boat. Things are going well for the city. Many of the things Mayor Andrews has implemented, should continue on after his departure from the City.

By Steven D. Maples on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 11:02 pm: Edit Post

I respect Dennis Andrew's decision to leave politics and enter a more challenging form of public service. Ministry work is the hardest work. Men call politicians, God calls ministers. My prayers with you Mayor, and Gods speed in your finding HIS perfect will for your life.

Rev. Steven D. Maples

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: