EDC SAYS GOODBYE TO HOLBROOK

Talk of the Town: Just Talk: Opinions - Rants and Raves: EDC SAYS GOODBYE TO HOLBROOK
By nick wilson (Nickwilson) on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 07:48 am: Edit Post

Good job to the EDC for terminating <snip> Holbrook.
It is a shame that it will cost us at least $52,000 to get rid of him.
Lets start a poll and see how long it take for him to file his first frivolous lawsuit.
My guess within 60 days.

(Message edited by admin on February 01, 2006)

(Message edited by admin on February 01, 2006)

By Gary (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 05:30 pm: Edit Post

I for one am very glad he is gone. I e-mailed the man to tell him that we didn't need his kind here in Wayne County and that it would only be a matter of time before he was gone. I told him that we taxpayers don't appreciate his stupid spending of our tax dollars. Guess what his reply was: If you don't quit harassing me I'll notify the police and file a lawsuit against you. That seems to be his answer for everything. If he had nothing to hide, he would have responded to the questions he was asked. I would say his first lawsuit will be within 30 days. Heck for all I know it may be against me!All I can say is: GOOD RIDANCE to an idiot Don Holbrook.

By don holbrook (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:08 am: Edit Post

Gary:

You and Nick I guess were wrong no lawsuit...

You failed to mention in your blog that you constantly sent me threatening emails about how you knew I was going to get taken out or forced out. You made wild allegations and threatened me and I indeed did fear for my family's safety. I felt then and still do that you are deranged and potentially a threat to normal peoples safety.

I have had a good lesson in tolerance and grace for Wayne County and Richmond. Shame on all of you for your less than honorable tactics and unfounded allegations. They have harmed by reputation and caused my family great mental anguish. God will be your judge not me.

By Stephen (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:26 pm: Edit Post

Nick,

Don't worry, the way Holbrook goes through money the $52,000 wont last 6 months!

Get this. I've gotta buddy working for the state and I heard Holbrook is trying to buy some big piece of property in the county. Can you believe that?! I'm having lunch with him next week. If I hear more Ill let you know.

Cheers!

Stephen

By Gary (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 07:36 pm: Edit Post

Don,
If what you think I said was a threat, you are crazier than I thought. I am not deranged and I believe my position in the community would prove that. In the position I am in, I don't believe anyone would think that I am a threat to their safety. Actually it is quite the opposite, I protect their safety. The whole problem is you can't take criticism. Obviously if someone calls you out, you can't take it. I still say if you weren't guilty you would have answered the questions to the general public. You are absolutely right about God being THE judge. Hopefully you have ask for forgiveness. If you have we will see each other some day.

By Stephen (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 02:09 am: Edit Post

Christmas comes early.

Talked to my friend. He pointed me here and wouldnt say a bit more.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:tituHylj96YJ:www.in.gov/ihcda/rental/tax/al lo/awards/rhtc/2006A-C%2520Applicant%2520List.pdf+%22Holbrook+Development+Compan y%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

(hopefully the link works) Search for "Holbrook Development Company, LLC".

I thought it might be a different Don Holbrook (wouldn't want to defame the great writer), so I did some research of my own. Holbrook certainly does list himself as "President and CEO" of "Holbrook Development Company" (http://www.iedconline.org/?p=Board). The guy even lists "Wayne County IN EDC" on his resume there! Don take that down, it's gunna lead people right to sites like this.

Don Prestwick Square Apartments don't look like the prettiest of places, and that's being kind. Why are you buying that place? What's the scam? Or are you just trying to get back at us? Man, I hope no one I know lives there.

Isnt it amazing what you can find these days and you dont even have to try.

Cheers!

Stephen

By Don Allen Holbrook, CEcD, FM, Ph.D. (Donholbrook) on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 08:35 pm: Edit Post

I continue to be amazed at the crazy self absorbed tactics people will use to justify their own short comings and lack of knowledge of issues. For the record even though the press and many of your citizens attacked me for absolutely absurd reasons, such as spending public tax dollars... which in fact I saved your community from allowing self-serving local officials both elected and appointed from filling their own pockets by posturing the EDC to invest in things that were to their own economic gain. My decisions which by the way were endorsed by the Board of Directors actually saved Wayne County over $1M in the first year alone. Thank God, my own reputation, character and integrity allowed me to survive the defamation and humiliating attacks of this small town in Indiana. Today the community is far worse off for not heeding my advice... economic outcomes speak for themselves. I am glad to have gone on to much better things which by the way my book is the #1 best seller in Economic Development world wide, so most folks think your county was dead wrong in your accusations.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: