Shame on the Richmond Police Department!!!!!!

Talk of the Town: Just Talk: Government & Politics: Shame on the Richmond Police Department!!!!!!
By L Eadler on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 01:55 am: Edit Post

During an alleged "drug raid" at a home on Abington Pike, on Friday August 8, 2003.. Richmond Indiana "drug task" force rushed the home where four children (ages 4 to 11) where playing. The police ordered the children to lay face down in the yard as they pointed guns at them. Is this routine police procedure?? I should hope not! Wayne County should be sued for what they allowed their police force to do. Brutalizing children is NOT a part of their job. This is a case of bored, gun-happy officers watching way too many movies and tv shows. Anyone else out-raged at this should call the police department and voice their opinion!

By Gary on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 04:17 pm: Edit Post

And I suppose it's okay to expose these children to the wonderful world of drugs. Quit bad mouthing the police and bad mouth the druggies!If it was up to me they could shoot the the druggies. Hopefully the children were removed from the drug house.

By L Eadler on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 06:41 pm: Edit Post

First of all "gary"... this isn't a drug house. The alleged drug house was located behind this property. We're talking some pot plants.. not crack cocaine.. not some sicko selling drugs to kids. The children were playing on the porch of the other house yet the police ordered them off of the porch and onto the ground while pointing guns at them... you know those dangerous toddlers. They had the "suspect" in custody at the time.. so why the need for the guns in the first place? Why the need to break down the door when they had the keys right there? I'll tell you why... they're bored cow boy wannabe's that watch way too much tv. But thank you so much for your useless opinion.

By L Eadler on Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 06:44 pm: Edit Post

*I would like to add that not all of the police officers were gun happy and rude... Some were actually very nice and appologized for the whole situation.* Thank you, to them.

By Gary on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 08:49 pm: Edit Post

Mr. "L"
Put yourself in their position not knowing who is in the house and what they might come out with.
I guess you would have been happy seeing an officer get shot and maybe an innocent child accidently shot by a druggie. I don't give a darn whether it's cocaine or a pot plant, it's still drugs and it's illegal. Maybe you don't undersatand that pot can do just as much damage as cocaine. Lots of people go nuts on pot. Obviously you have had a problem with the law in the past and now all you want to do is bad mouth them. Hopefully you won't ever need a police officer, because it's obvious they couldn't do anything right in your mind. Why don't you find out the whole situation before you condemn them.

By Gary on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 08:56 pm: Edit Post

Oh "L", it sounds to me like you watch too much tv also if you think you know how everything should be run. Just another worthles opinion of mine. If you don't want people to respond to your comments, then don't put them on here. Just another wannabe know-it-all. Go cry somewhere else!

By L Eadler on Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 09:57 pm: Edit Post

Gary, it's "miss" L and I'm sorry that I called your opinion worthless, that was rude and un-called for. I understand what the police officers need to do and I know what their procedures are. Holding children at gun-point is not a part of a routine procedure. This whole thing was blown way out of proportion.. it's not a "drug house" and it was not a drug dealer.. not even close. The police took in a "tip" from an angry ex and went with it. The news reporters have done their fair share of blowing it way out of proportion "shutting down an elaborate drug operation". There was even news of stolen property (which did not exist) and the news stated that this man was sitting in jail (which he was not). The police did their job.. the drug task force did their job. My point is that some of them did not do their job properly and this should change.

I'm sorry if I offended you. It was a case of typing while angry and not thinking about it first.

By T-Mike on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 04:21 pm: Edit Post

Gary, She should not be apologizing to you. You are not even being open minded about it, your just defending the police department. Did you understand her note? She said the children were playing on the porch and they were ordered to get down on their faces with guns pointed at them. I don't care what kind of bust it is, you do not draw down on little kids who are obviously no threat at all. You are probably another one of those stereotypical types.

By T-Mike on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit Post

Oh, for your information, pot is no worse than tobacco and it is not addictive.

By L Eadler on Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 01:01 pm: Edit Post

Thank you T-Mike.

By Jane Holman (Admin) on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:30 am: Edit Post

<Two messages removed>

Please remember our #1 posting rule:

1. Each participant should treat other community members with courtesy and respect.

By V Tate on Friday, August 22, 2003 - 09:47 am: Edit Post

I'd like to say that it seems to me that there is much frustration about this situation. i, personally see no rational reason that a child would need to have a gun drawn on them. If a citizen were to do such to achild then it would be called "endangerment". If, indeed, what L says is correct and accurate, then those officers should be dealt with as would any other citizen.

ENDANGERMENT of a juvenile

By Joe on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 08:28 pm: Edit Post

T- Mike,
Hope you read the messages from the other guy before they were removed. Seems your a stereotypical type.

By L Eadler on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:39 pm: Edit Post

I missed the deleted messages.. I didn't mean to start a fight, I just needed to tell someone about the problem.

By T-Mike on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 04:24 pm: Edit Post

Hi Joe,
I didn't see the messages, but the fact that they were removed reflects on that person. No fight here Ms. Eadler and your welcome.

By Joe on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 09:50 pm: Edit Post

T-Mike,
Obviously your messages reflect the type of person you are: Anti anything connected with authority. Hopefully you won't need the police, fire, or EMS, because I'm sure whatever they did wouldn't be good enough.

By T-Mike on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 02:45 pm: Edit Post

Sure Joe, you’re labeling me anti anything because I disapprove of the police pointing guns at kids or maybe because I called Gary a stereotypical type. I hope I won't need them either if their attitudes are anything like you or Gary.

By Jane Holman (Admin) on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit Post

Again, I must remind users of our policy:
1. Each participant should treat other community members with courtesy and respect.

If the personal attacks continue, this thread will be closed.

By Gary on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 06:21 pm: Edit Post

Watch your mouth T-Mike! Read Jane Holman's remarks above.

By Joe on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit Post

I think it's time it is closed!

By Craig on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 01:24 pm: Edit Post

Your all a bunch of idiots.

By Jane Holman (Admin) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 09:30 pm: Edit Post

This topic has been closed.