New Jail

Talk of the Town: Just Talk: Government & Politics: New Jail

By John McCreery (Jmccreery) on Monday, March 04, 2002 - 11:08 pm: Edit Post

The jail in its planned location will be a blight on Richmond for 75 years. A monument to the visionlessness of our present leadership. A testimony to the failure of a society to meet the fundamental needs of its people so profoundly that it must incarcerate so many of them. The jail is a mirror of our inadequacy as a society to provide safe stable and nurturing childhood experience for our citizenry. We have more people per capita locked up than almost any other country in the world. Is this the most successful system? The most understanding, compassionate, the most caring? Think of what $30M would buy in housing, education or mental health help for our citizenry. It is time to stop promoting dark ages solutions for today’s real needy.
John McCreery, Architect

By navdeep on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:27 pm: Edit Post

want to do jail as my thesis topic for b arch degree.So if information could be given to me about the requirements needed for jail and other material i will be highly obliged.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: