Originally the home of Andrew F. Scott, first president of the Second National Bank in 1872, this beautiful structure is one of Indiana's great early Victorian homes. It is located in the Starr Historic District in Richmond, Indiana.
The design is a cubical town villa of Italianate style, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places and Historic American Building Survey. The home features an ornate cupola in the center of the roof.
Take a virtual tour of North 10th Street and learn about the architecture and families who lived along this amazing street.
The Wayne County Historical Museum received the home through a bequest in 1977 but found ownership not to be a good fit with it's mission. The Museum announced on November 15, 2004 that they had agreed to sell the Scott House. It is now a private residence.
|Location:||East Central Indiana, USA|
Highest Point in Indiana
|Mail:||50 North 5th St.
Richmond, IN 47374
Sign up for WayNet News
- our e-newsletter.
Get listed on this website!
Waynet, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)4 corporation that is fully-funded through memberships. Please support our members and let them know you located them via WayNet.org.
Top 25: popular pages & circulation information.