Greens Fork, Indiana is located in Clay Township in Wayne County. Children in this community attend schools in the Nettle Creek School Corporation.
Greens Fork was originally named "Washington", in honor of George Washington. By 1889, the community came to be called "Green's Fork", for the river that ran on the west side of the town. In 1897, the town council officially adopted the name of Greens Fork.
|Greens Fork Fire Department||114 East Pearl Street||DIAL 9-1-1
|Police Department||DIAL 9-1-1
|City Building||12 South Water Street||765.886.1292|
|Post Office||15 South Main Street||765.886.5341|
|Town Council Members||Phone|
|Buddy Strunk, President|
|Brenda Moore, Clerk/Treasurer|
|Bill Lasher, Street Commissioner||Cathy Campbell, Police Commissioner|
|Clay Township Officials|
|Birthday Chocolates||11 South Main Street||765.886.1359|
|Clay Township Historical Society Museum & Thrift Shop||19 Pearl Street||765.886.5166|
|Davis Seed Farms||10184 Ted Davis Road||765.886.5148|
|Greens Fork Family Diner||17 East Pearl Street||765.886.5762|
|Greens Fork Farmer's Market/Flea Market||State Road 38||765.886.5696|
|Greens Fork Animal Hospital||8089 State Road 38||765.886.5191|
|Happy Days Memorabilia,||24 East Pearl Street||765.886.5633|
|Holliday Customs||11 East Pearl Street||765.886.4849|
|K-9 Cuts Pet Grooming||125 Est Pearl Street||765.886.5479|
|Kid's Territory||20 Pearl Street||765.886.5091|
|Lil' Louie's||10 South Main Street||765.886.6000|
|Legacy Leather||15 Pearl Street||765.886.4327|
|Oler Farm Services LLC||16 East Pearl Street||765.886.4444|
|Ross Performance Marine||6798 State Road 38||765.886.5004|
|Wilson's Barber Shop||18 East Pearl Street||765.886.5404|
Clay Township was organized by the county commissioners at the May session of 1831. The first election was ordered held at the home of Thomas Hatfield, in the village of Washington. The following was made by the commissioners: "Ordered by the board at March term, 1834, that the bounds of Clay Township be extended west so as to include the whole sections 21, 28, 33, town 17, range 13."
Boundaries include: north - Perry and Green Townships; east - Green and Center; south - Center and Harrison; west - Harrison and Jefferson. Greatest length is five miles, and width, four and one-half. In 1884, the whole area of the township contained 12, 632.95 acres of land.
|Location:||East Central Indiana, USA|
Highest Point in Indiana
|Mail:||50 North Fifth St.
Richmond, IN 47374
Sign up for WayNet News
- our e-newsletter.
Get listed on this website!
Waynet, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)4 corporation that is fully-funded through memberships. Please support our members and let them know you located them via WayNet.org.
Top 20: popular pages & circulation information.